Avoid orthopedic surgery

G1057435246 1021
Physical therapy at MyoFit Clinic is a service covered by all insurance policies. For people who have Medicare, services are covered at 80% and the other 20% is covered by a supplemental policy, if you have one, making it a very affordable alternative to costly surgeries.

By Dr. Adam Cramer, PT, DPT; MyoFit Clinic

Nobody wants surgery, so then why do individuals consult with an orthopedic surgeon? Surgery is a surgeon’s specialty. That’s what they are trained to do. Sure, they will offer costly imaging, ineffective injections and tell you to “rest and see how it feels.” The problem with this common conservative approach is that it actually does nothing to help correct the underlying issue that’s contributing to your symptoms.

Then, after four weeks of “letting it rest,” it’s worse. Even if they offer to go to their own physical therapy office, these physical therapists only treat post-operative patients and are not equipped to help you avoid surgery. So, when your symptoms ultimately get worse, of course the only option left is surgery.

Avoiding surgery takes an independent Doctor of Physical Therapy whose only focus is helping people avoid surgery, providing focused care and taking the time to do it right, teaching patients how to effectively control their symptoms and return to normal, symptom-free mobility. This is what we do at MyoFit Clinic.

In many cases, physical therapy has been shown to be just as, and even more effective, than surgery when treating a wide variety of conditions like low back pain, shoulder issues and knee arthritis. How wonderful to be able to participate in several weeks of non-invasive therapy to get the same outcomes as an invasive, costly, and risky surgery.

In all 50 states, a physical therapist can perform a physical therapy evaluation without a physician referral. You do not need to see your physician before seeing a physical therapist. Ohio is a direct access state, meaning you can see a physical therapist first right away with no delay.

Physical therapy at MyoFit Clinic is a service covered by all insurance policies. For people who have Medicare, services are covered at 80% and the other 20% is covered by a supplemental policy if you have one. Other insurance policies will even cover physical therapy costs at 100%, making it a very affordable alternative to costly surgeries. Insurance companies recognize the significant value physical therapy holds in the medical field. MyoFit Clinic’s administrative team verifies your insurance coverage on your behalf prior to starting treatment, making it very easy to access care and to get all treatments covered by insurance.

Don’t be fooled by a franchise business that says it can improve your bone density while reducing musculoskeletal pain by pushing on a machine. Those franchises do not have licensed practitioners, there’s no standard of practice or educational requirements needed to operate. This can put you at risk for further injury and can complicate your ability to heal. Consult with a licensed practitioner who can help you and is covered by medical insurance.

MyoFit Clinic licensed Doctors of Physical Therapy and physical therapist assistants can only deliver and provide physical therapy services. Physical therapists are highly educated Doctors of Physical Therapy who possess a thorough understanding of the human body’s anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and health conditions. All therapists participate in yearly continuing education to maintain their state license to practice.

MyoFit Clinic Doctors of Physical Therapy are capable of treating and are licensed to treat numerous physical disabilities, from orthopedic conditions such as joint pain, pre- and post- joint surgery, chronic pain, carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis and neck pain to Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis. Our Doctors of Physical therapy utilize the body’s natural healing abilities by incorporating state-of-the-art treatment techniques including laser therapy, trigger point dry needling, manual hands-on skills, instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization and private education/training so clients understand exactly what is occurring, and how they can alleviate symptoms independently.

Physical therapy is not something that can be done on your own or by any other health/medical practitioner. You need the critical and trained eye of a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy who can assess and determine appropriate diagnosis, limitations and treatments. So, if you want to avoid surgery and become pain free, consult with the Doctors of Physical Therapy at MyoFit Clinic first.

Dr. Adam Cramer is a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy, pain specialist and founder of MyoFit Clinic in Chardon, Middlefield and Ashtabula. Call 440-286-1007 for more information and to schedule. Visit MyoFitClinic.com to learn more.Portions of this story have been created with information sourced online. Please visit the website to view sources.