by mimivanderhaven.com on 10/25/2010 - 12:16 pm
By Jane Snow
The bacon craze is getting downright crazy. Here are some of the weirdest bacon-flavored products around, courtesy of www.delish.com:
- Archie McPhee bacon-flavored gum balls
- A hot dog totally encased in thick-sliced bacon from Crif Dogs in New York City
- Mo’s Bacon Bar from Vosges Chocolate
- Bacon Maple Cupcakes from Tee & Cakes in Boulder, Colo.
- A roulade of bacon and bulk sausage laced with barbecue sauce, wrapped in bacon, smoked and then sliced and served on biscuits, dreamed up by the Burnt Finger BBQ competition team from Kansas City, Mo.
- Baconnaise—essentially bacon mayonnaise—from the makers of J&D’s Bacon Salt
- Maple-Bacon Lollipops from Das Foods
- Bacon Peanut Brittle from The Redhead
- Bacon ice cream at Udder Delight in Rehoboth Beach, Del.
- Bacon Cheddar Popcorn from Kernel Encore Gourmet Popcorn