Hearty Tomato Veggie Soup
by Mimi Vanderhaven
• 1 32 oz. jar of Mid’s Meatless sauce
• 4 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
• 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
• 2 stalks of celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
• 2 large carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
• 1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
• 4 cups of vegetable stock
• 1 cup of cooked ditalini (or other small) pasta
• ¼ - ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Optional: 1 15 oz. can of Great Northern or Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed. If adding these, you will also need to add an
extra 1 cup of stock.
In a soup pot, sauté all of the garlic and vegetables, except the tomatoes, covered, in the olive oil over medium low heat. Stir
occasionally, until veggies are tender and the onions are translucent, about 20-30 minutes.
Turn the heat up to medium high and add the sauce, tomatoes, vegetable stock, red pepper flakes, pasta and beans, if using. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20-30 more minutes until the soup has reduced
and thickened slightly and all of the vegetables are cooked. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.