Easy Pasta Stuffed Peppers
by Mimi Vanderhaven
• 6 small to medium sized green bell peppers
• 1 32 oz. jar of Mid’s Italian Sausage
• 3 cups of cooked Orzo pasta
• 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• salt and pepper, to taste
• Optional: 1 cup of shredded
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Cook Orzo pasta according to box instructions. While the pasta is boiling, prep the green bell peppers by removing and discarding the tops, membranes, and seeds. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollow sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary, so that they will stand upright).
When is pasta is done cooking, drain and place into a mixing bowl. Set aside 1 cup of the Mid’s pasta sauce and mix in the remaining amount, along with the garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper, into the same bowl as the Orzo pasta.
Spoon an equal amount of mixture into each of the 6 peppers and top each pepper with the remaining Mid’s.
Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender. If adding cheese, top each pepper with Mozzarella and bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.